Thursday, March 15, 2012

it's christmas all over again

I love receiving packages, whether it be beauty products or iphone cases or electronics.  today I got both of my new toys, the FujiFilm Instax Mini 25 and the Panasonic Lumix GF3 Micro 4/3.  I made the decision to let go of the T2i because I got hand cramps from using it, seriously.  Haha but no, it was also because I didn’t feel the need for it, the bf has the T3i which he doesn’t use because he also has a 40D so if ever I need a dSLR for something I’ll have that available.  Maybe I won’t even need it, because the GF3 is amazing.  It’s really good if you get it with the 14mm f/2.5 lens instead of the 14-42mm f3.5-5.6.  I harbor hatred for zoom lenses, primes are so much better.  I’m happy now I don’t have to wear big bags to lug around a dSLR + lenses  :)))))))) I’m being a cheapo and not investing in a macro lens yet, so I’m using my Panasonic LX3 camera as my macro for super-close shots of food.  Oink oink.



The Instax mini 25 is even cuter than the 7s, I don’t know why I didn’t get that before, probably because it’s more expensive! But it’s smaller and lighter.  So yup, that concludes my photography toys.  i really hate considering myself a “photographer”, and i hate it even more when people who take pictures of other people with ugly artificial backdrops and artificial lighting call themselves a photog.  Or pictures of half naked girls for instance, and it’s not even tastefully done.  But anyway, I like to think i’m a photo enthusiast, i think its fun and enjoyable and i do it for me.  I don’t have anything really cool yet but I plan to travel a bit more and actually use my cameras more now that I can put them in my small bags.  I’m a micro 4/3 fan now!!  Excited for the Superheadz Ultra Wide & Slim, very first film camera <3




just some test shots from GF3













shots from unboxing








shots taken from T3i with 50mm f/1.8




with the Panasonic Lumix LX3 too!

No comments: