I don’t think I actually dislike anyone on the first meet. sometimes it’s after they start speaking, sometimes it’s after I get to know them. I just find myself not getting close to people easily because I’m unsure on how much I should invest in them emotionally. I really hate small talk. I hate casual encounters. I find it insincere and unauthentic. I have a hard time with the thought of meeting someone once or twice and not seeing them again for a period of time, which is why I don’t open up or get all chummy with them because I feel like it’s pointless. I mean if I go along with it I might have a better time at clubs and places like that but it’s just ridiculous to me. I’m weird. I don’t need to make any more acquaintances. I’m socially awkward. Does this make me ‘bitchy’? I don’t know how I can be, when I don’t even talk to them. I feel like they think I’m this mean girl who thinks I’m too cool to hang but for real, honestly, it’s just because of all the things I wrote above. Add to that, I’m shy by nature & easily intimidated. I don’t join in on conversations unless being spoken to. I don’t have that excitement in me that most people do when they’re meeting new people. I’m definitely not a girl’s girl and neither am I a guy’s girl. I hate it. I want to be likeable, and I want to like people easily. Sorry this is me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment