Wednesday, August 17, 2011






I just finished watching Midnight In Paris.


marvelous movie. i loved every frame. 


it’s about a successful Hollywood screenwriter who’s taking a shot at writing a novel.  He visits Paris with his fiancée and they bump into a couple of her annoying friends.  They go out together but he decides to leave the party to take a walk around the city.  At the stroke of midnight, he time travels back to the 20’s which was an era that he admired most and he meets people like F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, and Pablo Picasso.  He does that for several nights and discovers many things.  He falls in love with Picasso’s mistress, and finds out his fiancée cheated on him.  He confessed his love to the mistress knowing that she feels the same way but she decides to stay in the past while he goes back to the present.  He breaks up with his fiancee and stays in Paris.


Woody Allen is a genius.


The only gripe I have is the main character being played by Owen Wilson.  I like him in comedies when he plays obnoxious characters but I wish it would have been Orlando Bloom or something.

No comments: