Saturday, April 9, 2011

holy smokes

some people are so ignorant.


just because I use Mac, it doesn’t mean that I’m a “hipster” or a kid just wanting to be cool because all their friends have one.  That MIGHT be true for middle and high schoolers.


and just because I prefer Mac, doesn’t mean I “don’t know much about computers”.


WTF do you know about pop culture?  Why are Macs overrated? Because you’re ignorant and your assumptions are based on nothing.


I’m no fan of Steve Jobs, and neither am I “controlled” by him, but as a consumer I reserve the right to buy whatever products I shall please.


What can a PC do that a Mac can’t do?
so they say you can customize Windows and tweak it your liking, you can do this and do that to them blah blah.  Well I don’t want to do all of that because I shouldn’t have to.  I don’t need to do that on my Macbook because I already like it for what it is.


I’ve dealt with my fair share of PC’s, those chunky hideous things.  Sure I like the Sony Vaio line but if I could run OSX on them I most likely would(if i had to).  Here’s why.  No ugly flashy graphics and animations when I boot up the computer, no gimmicky UI, no start-up crap that pops up and takes days to load my desktop, no registry errors or errors in general that pop up when the desktop has finally been loaded, no unnecessary applications or processes that run in the background and slows down the computer.  But why would I want to do that when I can just get a Mac in the first place.  I understand if it was for the sake of saving money but if people can afford it then why shouldn’t they get a Mac???  What is up with these Anti-Apple morons?  Why are we labeled as hipsters and people who don’t know about computers?  If anything, the older generation and computer illiterate people like Windows because it’s what’s familiar to them and they THINK it’s easier because it’s Windows.  Wtf is so difficult about using Mac??  It takes like 2 seconds to figure things out, unless you’re just dumb.  I used Windows for 9 years, its “bells and whistles” do not amaze me.  XP was the most stable but Vista and 7 are pure rubbish.


You can give me the most expensive, good looking, and powerful PC in the world but i would still choose my 2008 MBP. I’m fine doing what I do with it, which is using the web, write papers, watch movies/shows, photo editing(photoshop and aperture), download and listen to music, iChat.


which is why i went with Mac because the hardware itself looks better, the OSX interface looks better, i like the way it works and maybe if i cared about tweaking or hacking or something like what they call rooting an Android phone, or playing games that aren’t compatible for Mac then i would have gotten a PC for those purposes.

No comments: