
I’m a very very girly girl, but I always find myself having more joy in buying gadgets than make-up and pretty clothes.
so i was planning on getting an old film camera but it struck me that i know nothing about film. I also don’t want to have to spend money on buying film and getting them developed.
I suddenly thought about my Pentax I-10 and how it was so beautiful and how much I miss the toy camera filter on it. A little browsing lead me to the Pentax H90, there are a couple of groups on Flickr and the images are awesome. Now neither of these cameras are “SLR” quality, they are merely basic point & shoot cameras that are super compact. They do not have high end lens but the reasons I like them are the aesthetics and the built-in filters. It doesn’t hurt that they’re both under $100. I just think they’re fun to have and use so I decided to get the white H90 which is the pretty middle one up there. Thought of getting the white I-10 again but I should try out something different and if I don’t like it I’ll return it for the I-10. Appearance wise, the H90 has a minimal futuristic shell if you will, that resemble some lomo cameras and some rangefinders from the 80’s and 90’s, while the I-10 has a vintage classic look like that of the retro film cameras and Pentax’s own A110. It was a tough decision but I didn’t want to dismiss the H90 before I try it. I’m excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment